Poland Study visa

Study in Europe, Work in Europe, Study in Poland, Work in Poland

Student's talk:
Fynn Liang (Malaysia)
I came to Poland to study medicine. The quality of teaching is known internationally, yet the costs not as high as in other European countries. It was a lot of paper work to compile all the documents but Think Poland guided me every step of the way. Now I am a step closer to my dream of becoming a doctor!

If you would like to study in Poland, you need to fulfill certain requirements. But don’t get discouraged! They are not more complicated than those in your own country. Don’t forget that our Agents are ready to help you any time.

First of all, you need to, which enables you to pursue further education at an academic level . Secondly, you need to in Poland for the period of your studies. Thirdly, you need to look after your Finally, depending on the language you wish to study in, you need to submit a certificate confirming your knowledge at a proficient level, be it English or Polish.


In order to study in Poland, you need to have completed a second level education and have a leaving certificate confirming you are eligible to apply to university. If you passed the International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate exams, you can freely apply for undergraduate studies at a Polish University.

If, however, you only have an equivalent qualification from your home country, it needs to be legally recognized at one of the Polish diplomatic outposts or another appropriate institution. Legalization means certifying that your diploma is in compliance with the law of the country it was issued in. Next, you have to verify it with the Polish law. This process of granting recognition of a degree from a foreign university is called nostrification.

Similarly, in order to be accepted for the postgraduate studies, you need to present an undergraduate diploma from a Polish institution or an overseas equivalent, also recognized in Poland. You are obliged to present nostrification of your foreign diploma to a Polish University by the end of the first term. If you are not sure how to do that, please contact our Agent. They will give you all the information required.

Student Visa

Think Poland helps students to apply for a student visa to Poland. The procedures may vary depending on the country you come from. However, some of the requirements remain the same for all the countries and they include:

  • A filled-in visa application form
  • Valid passport
  • Official letter of acceptance to a school in Poland
  • A short CV
  • Your school certificates and diplomas
  • Evidence of proficiency in the language in which you wish to study
  • Confirmation of having the funds for studying and living in Poland
  • Health insurance
  • A photo

Stay permit

Another condition you need to fulfill to be able to study in Poland is to legalize your stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland. If you are a European Union (EU) citizen and you would like to stay longer than three months in Poland, you need to register your stay in the country. If you are a non-EU citizen, you need to obtain a visa at a Polish consulate in your home country before your arrival in Poland. Once in Poland, in order to prolong your stay, you need to apply for a Temporary Stay Card – karta czasowego pobytu – 45 days before your visa expires. To arrange this, feel free to contact one of Think Poland agents.

You might also like:
USA Study Visa
USA Study Visa
Study Visa Australia
Study Visa Australia
Study in Krakow, Poland - go study abroad! (Short version)
Study in Krakow, Poland - go study abroad! (Short version)
Study in Poland - Student Visa Process
Study in Poland - Student Visa Process
Study in Poland - Visa Training
Study in Poland - Visa Training
Poland student visa approve in just 2 weeks. (7 year study
Poland student visa approve in just 2 weeks. (7 year study ...
Related Posts